Rock Dhokra in Panchgani
Mar 29, 2018 / 07:00am - Apr 1, 2018 / 05:00pm
A creative grown up is perhaps the child who has survived.
A workshop at Devrai Art Village panders to the child in you! Create your own sculpture masterpieces by using the unique process of fusing brass with stone- Devrai Rock Dhokra, our own innovation under patent process. Learn from Master Adivasi craftsmen who are from remote tribal areas of Gadchiroli and Chattisgarh.
This Holiday includes:
- Art Experience at Devrai Art Village
- Stay at a villa/ homestay/ hotel for
- Transportation from Mumbai or Pune and back (designated pick up points/ airport)
- All Art Material
- Souvenir created by self
- Most meals
- Limited snacks, provided on arrival
Price: INR 29820/- (Register for group discounts)
The Art Experience includes the following process:
- Introduction to Devrai Art Village, overview of process and Gallery visit
- Find inspiration on art pieces to make and waxwork in small groups along with craftsmen.
- Fine clay coating – sieving, kneading and covering the art work with the first layer mold.
- Second clay coating – coating the art work with the second layer of coarse clay mixed with rice husk and creating inlets for the molten metal
- After the molds have dried firing them in a kiln. The wax melts away inside the mold and molten brass is poured into the mold replacing the wax.
- Breaking the molds open and witnessing the emergant artwork.
- Cleaning and buffing to see the finished artwork and you can take it back home.